Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who's the boss?

slavo71
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Who's the boss?

We all know that BT owns Plusnet, although Plusnet operates as a separate business how much power do the big bosses at BT have with regards to Plusnet?
As an example, could a BT Executive give Plusnet a call/email to arrange a transfer or sort something out, or would the Plusnets executives tell them to jog on?
3 REPLIES 3
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Who's the boss?

Hi slavo71,
Are you asking if we have the facility to deviate from the standard processes if asked? Or are you asking if BT can override Plusnet's decisions?
Pretty much anyone can give us a call to arrange a transfer etc.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
slavo71
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Without going into detail, a high up member of BT's staff called me with regards to a complaint I had made over cancelling BT sport. I had spoken to a person who had a massive argumentative attitude and went out of their way to NOT do what I asked them to do. The boss listened to the call and agreed with me on all points and compensated me, then went on to say "If you wish to come back to BT I can sort it all out".
That got me thinking which led to my OP question. How could she sort it out now that I'm with you???
NB: I'm not going back anyway! my speeds are 'now' better here by + 10Mb, my pings have gone from 26ms to 13ms in BF4 and best of all I'm saving £15 a month Smiley Not to mention when I called the tech line it was answered within two rings and they guy obviously knew what he was talking about.....so why would I move back to BT with their foreign hard to understand I'm reading from a script 'help' staff lol.
Happy here  Cheesy
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I think I know what you're asking here Tongue
Plusnet and BT Retail are two separate ISP's effectively. We have our own customers and BT Retail have their own customers. If BT "can sort it all out" it would require for you to migrate your services back to BT from Plusnet via the Cancellation Procedure (Getting a MAC Key and all that stuff).
Regardless of whom, that process of regulatory so it doesn't really matter who e-mails/calls us, that process has to be adhered to. It's only the account holder that can initiate this change too.
I hope that answers your question Smiley