cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who's 21CN list should we believe?

mgillespie
Grafter

Who's 21CN list should we believe?

Plusnet's doesn't list my exchange (which DID have a date of March 2011, which was then removed), now Plusnet's checker does not list it at all.  However Samknows and Kitz both show a 21CN(WBC) RFS date of March 2012
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/STPRSTN
So who should I believe?  is the Plusnet data upto date?  (I would hope so with their ties to BT).
What do I need to do in march to get an ADSl2+ connection?  Anything?
6 REPLIES 6
BRABUS
Grafter

Re: Who's 21CN list should we believe?

Personally I don't believe any of them anymore.  My exchange was more like a flashing light,  It was on the list, it was off the list etc etc.  Now its not on a list and no one from any organistation can give any believable answer.

Cross your fingers and hope - thats what I have resorted to  Cheesy
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

As things can be rather volatile the best advice is to check fairly regularly, a good 'official' place being here: http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
BRABUS
Grafter

Thanks but that tells us what we already have, not what we are going to get nor when Sad
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

That implies there are no upgrades due in the relatively near future.
My line has ADSL Max and that's it but I now live in hope after reading this recently updated spreadsheet from BTW. Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
mgillespie
Grafter

Thanks, that spreadsheet also shows my Exchange being ADSL2+ sometime in march.  So it's just Plusnet's thats wrong...
Next question, do I need to do anything to get it, or will it just happen, one day I get better speeds?  (my router is ADSL2+ enabled).
pierre_pierre
Grafter

eventually you would get it, first a switch from 20CN to 21CN, much later you should be put on ADSL2+.
if you synch speed is over 5000, and you notice that your exchange has switched,  ask here and you should be on within 10 days