cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which phone adapter/router?

dejjones
Rising Star

Which phone adapter/router?

My  present setup is a voyager 210 Modem/Router with a single PC. I am planning to set up to use Broadband Phone independently of the PC.
There are several references to the Linksys PAP2 NA ATA on this and the VOIP trial forum.
Am I right in thinking that to use this ATA , I would also need a 2 port router?
If so could I achieve the same objective, by not using the PAP2 but by replacing my Voyager 210 with the Linksys SPA2102?
2 REPLIES 2
puddy
Grafter

Re: Which phone adapter/router?

The Linksys spa2102 is an ata adapter it’s not that much different than the Linksys PAP2-NA they both allow you to make VoIP calls and the PAP2-NA has 2 ports allowing you to have 2 separate VoIP account in effect its 2 extra phone lines. It’s not a router
The voyager is a 1 port router so it would really need to be replaced because you cannot plug anymore equipment in to it i.e. your current computer it would be easier to get a 4-port router.  you could buy a router with 2 VoIP ports built in and not get the PAP2_NA type of adapter.  If you just get a router without the VoIP built in the PAP2-NA or spa2102 would plug in the back of it using up 1 port only and plug your computer in to another thus leaving you with 2 ports free for other equipment

Puddy
itsme
Grafter

Re: Which phone adapter/router?

or a 5 port switch from pcworld for £13. The voyager route will plug into this as will your computer and the PAP2 adapter