Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which email system?

fotobits
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Which email system?

At the same time as switching from  e-e to plusnet, I have replaced my mobile.

So far, I have been unable to install an email system on the new mobile .  Any recommendations?

The system I used on my first mobile was recommended by a PlusNet advisor about 3-years ago on this site but is no longer supported by the latest Android.

Regards

7 REPLIES 7
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Which email system?

Some here use K-9 Mail, myself included.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

fotobits
Rising Star

Thank you MAV.  K-9 is what I've been using so far!   But I'm blessed if I can get it to install in a recognisable or workable form. 

When I attempt to install it, it does indicate that it was designed for an earlier Android.

Can't think what I'm doing wrong.

Regards

Mav

It's working fine on my Samsung A5 with Android 7.0.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

... and here on Android 5.x and 6.x

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

paul_blitz
Rising Star

When I moved form a company iPhone to an Android phone, I too needed to find a good email client.

I tried K9 and found it just didn't work the way I expected it to (eg swipe email left to delete it).

I tried BlueMail, which works the way I expected, but support for multiple email accounts isn't simple to use.

So, I'm currently set up with BlueMail still for one of my accounts, and Outlook for the other two. Now I'm used to Outlook, I need to move that other email over to it.

fotobits
Rising Star

Thank you all very much for the comments and experiences.  I've tried a number of offerings from Play Store, however, not happy with what I saw.

Had another go installing K-9, this time with complete success....Don't know why and transfer of Contacts achieved as well!

Thank you all.....

Regards....Noel

Mav

@fotobits

Glad you got it sorted.