cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which One

valart
Grafter

Which One

I have Malwarebytes and Advanced System Care 6 on my laptop which I downloaded both Malwarebytes found two threats but Advanced System found nothing,I am told that having two anti virus programs conflict with one another I think I will uninstall Advanced System as it never found any viruses.
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Which One

Malwarebytes isn't an anti virus product per se and should be considered an extra to the normal anti virus not a substitute
Mav
Fixes: 514

If you have Malwarebytes Free then it doesn't work in real time and you need to manually run a scan which I do on a weekly basis.
As Oldjim says, you can use both.
I would also recommend SpyBot S&D v1.6.2 as well.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

valart
Grafter

Would it then be better to have Spybot rather then Advance System Care what would you recommend.
Mav
Fixes: 514

Spybot, like Malwarebytes, should be used in conjunction with a realtime antivirus program.
I would recommend Microsoft Security Essentials as it's free and does the job well without hogging resources.
If you're using windows 8 then MSE is otherwise known as Windows Defender.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

journeys
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I've tried "advanced system care" didn't like it as it didn't find any threats (where as Malwarebytes did). As part of its routine ASC re-organises the registry which I'm not so sure is a good thing, also not to keen on the red/amber/blue smiley face. If I don't use a system for 4 days the smiley changes from blue to red. Seems a lot of overhead for the sake of it.
I do use Speccy (from Piriform) though give good Hardware analysis