cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where am I?

u123935

Where am I?

Using Windows 7 and just tried to access Swintons website via TopCashBack using Firefox 38.0.1. Swinton site says "Sorry, you are unable to access this site from outside the UK" but here I am at home in Loughborough, which, the last time I looked, was still in the UK. Any ideas? I've checked all Windows Region settings and they are all ok.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 57

Re: Where am I?

can you post your IP address here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,130918.0.html as it is likely to be the same problem
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Unless you have a fixed IP (unlikely if you have this problem), clicking 'Disconnect' then 'Reconnect' (or equivalent, may vary with different routers) on your router's interface should give you a new IP address, most likely unaffected by this incorrect geolocation (at worst you may need to try a couple of times).
Please do, if possible, post the offending IP address as requested by Oldjim before doing the disconnect/reconnect though.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Fixes: 117

mod:note
locked in favour of existing topic.
Will Moderate For Thanks