Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats up with Firefox ?

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Whats up with Firefox ?

@NorthPole Thanks for that info... it seems to have settled down now... maybe it is because I am on a slower laptop at the moment, due to my switch problem featured elsewhere in Tech Help. !..

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I had to update my old version of pale moon as it wasn't displaying a few things properly. Namely this forum and ebay.

Everything displays fine but I still get the rare freeze with the usual script not...... on ebay.

But that site is an over complicated screw up and I've always had that occasional problem even with different browsers.

shutter
Community Veteran

So, what is the difference between Pale Moon and Firefox ?   Apart from the fact that some "addons" in FF don`t/won`t work on Pale Moon?   They are both from Mozilla ? ? ? 

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Palemoon is independent of Mozilla, have a look at http://www.palemoon.org/ for more info.

I first came across it when looking for a 64 bit alternative to Firefox.
shutter
Community Veteran

@Browni   Yeah but..... you still didn`t answer the question... whats the difference... ? 

another question,  which is the better of the two... and why   (ooops... there`s another question ! )

Browni
Aspiring Hero

At the time I changed there wasn't a 64 bit version of Firefox...
shutter
Community Veteran

Yeah..... but..... that still doesn`t answer my question(s) ... what is the difference between Pale Moon and Firefox... and which is best, etc etc.. as in previous post... Roll_eyes

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

In ad speak pale moon has kept some of the user functionality that has disappeared from firefox.

It's no longer basically the same as the "engine" was changed from the standard firefox one after v24 (I think)

Browni
Aspiring Hero

This is what I was replying to

@shutter wrote:

They are both from Mozilla ? ? ? 

colintivy
Rising Star

@St3

I know this is very late to raise the FF53 versus Chrome matter, but I have had a very odd thing with FF which has been dealt with by using Chrome. I regularly use Tesco.com to replenish the larder online. Their catalogue of goodies has a list of "Favourites" with ordering Qty and item price. If I select something, the item and quantity should appear in a separate list which appears to the right-hand edge of the display which grows until I have done.This panel has its own up or down control which is independent of the Favourites panel.

Some time ago this list disappeared, making checking the order more difficult. Tesco nor Firefox do not experience this. But in the end I fired up Chrome and find the same pages are all as they should be, with the two panels displayed and working.

I wonder if anyone else has suffered this problem?

Embarrassed