cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would be the cheapest mobile PAYG sim to use to contact PlusNet fault line

billymaynay
Dabbler

What would be the cheapest mobile PAYG sim to use to contact PlusNet fault line

Will be joining PlusNet home phone and broadband by the end of next week from O2
“Not having anything to do with Sky”
My concern as I am retired due to ill health and not having any friends locally and only having a O2 PAYG sim “only for the O2 broadband discount” which had free calls to O2’s broadband fault reporting line. If there was a line fault? What would be the cheapest mobile PAYG sim to use to contact PlusNet?
6 REPLIES 6
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: What would be the cheapest mobile PAYG sim to use to contact PlusNet fault line

If you're taking Plusnet home phone, then all calls made to support should be free from the land line.
billymaynay
Dabbler

Re: What would be the cheapest mobile PAYG sim to use to contact PlusNet fault line

Thanks for the reply, when I composed the question it made perfect sense in MY mind. What I should have asked if the line was dead no calls possible?
zubel
Community Veteran

Aha, a valid point!
You need to look at a sim that would allow you some sort of inclusive calls to 0345 numbers.  They should be charged at local rate (not 'lo-call' rate, which are 0845 numbers etc).  They will either come out of any inclusive minutes you have, or should be reasonably cheap.
Anonymous
Not applicable

GiffGaff... free calls to Plusnet 0800 432 0200
As are all UK freephone numbers
http://giffgaff.com/index/pricing
Just make one chargeable call / text within every 180 days.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Or OVIVO, which for free gives you
150 free mins, 150 free txt and 400mb of data a month , without needing to top up your account
theres a one off £15 for the sim, but that is put on as credit, outside your allowance 8p a min  5p a txt
to offer the free allowance they send ads to your email.
http://ovivomobile.com/
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

billymaynay
Dabbler

Thanks for the replies; I think I will take up both options GiffGaff and Ovivo. GiffGaff for contacting PlusNet and Ovivo for friends and family should the line go down.
I have spent the last 6 days reading though various threads in the PlusNet forum, trying to familiarise myself with what’s happening. I have to say I am VERY impressed with the input from various PlusNet staff members.
Thanks again