Did you mean: 

What type of CD using Nero?

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: What type of CD using Nero?

Quote from: Oldjim
You may have a problem.
My DVD Player won't play a video file from a CD as it thinks all CD's are music and therefore won't recognise the video file
Told you Grin
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

well I wouldn`t know until I tried.....    Cry  I think I may have cracked it this time..... the .vlc files were converted to .mpeg by "quick media converter" to be used on VCD using PAL system..... However, Quick Media Converter handles 11 different types including DVD  and Wii so am re-doing them for DVD player, and then burning them with Nero to the CDROM disc .... will keep you updated when finished ! !
All for fun, andhelps to pass the time when Tennis is on TV.  Roll_eyes
samuria
Grafter

Some dvds wont see rewritable cd's.
The problem is you convert the flv to mpg which has different formats and compression and then Nero has to convert it again. It depends what version of nero you have and what addons you have got as to how it converts it
shutter
Community Veteran

Yes! I am finding that there are problems..... The Nero 7 essentials  SE is the version I have,  and I think I have to purchase the "full version" cos it gest 98% through re-encoding and "supposedly" writing to the CD then hangs...... It was left all night, and still hanging 8 hours later !.... with only about half inch of progress bar to go, and all the files "supposedly" written..... (like it is "finalizing" ) but the CD has no files written to it when checking it after....
Have re- installed the Nero 7 CD to see if it will pick up on some corrupt files or something, but I am only "messing about"  it is not important..... just wanted something to pass the time with  Wink Grin
Thanks for advice and help. Wink
shutter
Community Veteran

Update !
Have finished with that !.... I tried again, this time with only one file .flv converted to .mpg  but after running along the progress bar until the last half inch, then hang again.... must be something in the "paid for version" that makes it work.. Cry Cry Cry
Oh well, another nice morning messing about....
will have to find something else to do now ! Roll_eyes