cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do?

macmuck

What to do?

Ive a shuttle x running (ive just discovered) a dodgy XP Pro OS. I want to go legit as I think its worth it for the enhanced performance with the upgrades and add -ons etc. I was thinking of a new copy of XP but wasnt sure about which copy to get or whether it was worth it being as tho Microsoft will take away its support in the near future.
The Shuttle is always working away noisily with limited capabilities so maybe I should ditch it and buy something with Vista on it? Altho this is still also having probs I hear.
Any thoughts, suggestions on which computer to go for, greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
samuria
Grafter

Re: What to do?

Do you know which xp pro ie is it a corporate version? You can buy xp very cheap and if you can get the same version your dont need to reinstall just change the serial to the new one and its legal. If its a corp edition this wont work as corp version are not for sale.
I would stick  with XP MS will support it for a while yet and even if they stop support its very rare you ever have to contact them as most version tend to be OEM which MS wont handle anyway.
Xp is a stable product but Vista is more demanding and still has problems. You could of coarse go the Linux route for free
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

XP is supported until at least 2012!
macmuck

I'll stick with xp then.  Cheers.