cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best budget handsfree landline phone that has a loud earpeice ??

TORPC
Grafter

What is the best budget handsfree landline phone that has a loud earpeice ??

As per the title as I am a pace talker
What I mean is I pace the room when on phone Wink
At the moment we are using a EuroTel that is over 2 years old & needs upgrading as the speaker is quiet,  Wink
It is for home use, & requires
1. Answerphone,
2. Automatic hiding number from recipient,
3. Store loads of numbers
4. Locate handset if hiding down the back of the settee
5. Warning beep when been on phone 55 minutes or thereabouts
Optional
1. Nuisance call blocking
2. Record calls both Inbound / Outbound

Looking at GigaSet C620A DECT Argos Price £59.99 Page 764 of the Catalogue,
However Ideally looking for something cheaper
8 REPLIES 8
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: What is the best budget handsfree landline phone that has a loud earpeice ??

Its the answer phone bit that costs the money.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

TORPC
Grafter

Re: What is the best budget handsfree landline phone that has a loud earpeice ??

That has always been the case Wink
TORPC
Grafter

After months of deliberation, we decided to get the GigaSet C620A DECT Argos Price £59.99 Page 764 & a good job we waited as it is on sale at the current price of £44.99

So far I am very impressed  Smiley
The user manual is a 78 page book all in English, & is easy to understand, (No need for me to use a magnifying glass)
It comes with a belt clip, so no more diving back in the house to answer that potential missed call, It's reported range is 50m indoors 300m outdoors (Can not wait to test)
The batteries are 2 X Cheapy GP Rechargable AA 1300NimH Easy replaceable as time goes by (Unlike the eurotel, where it is a specific type, with mini block connector)
Need to let it charge for 8 Hrs before use (not to bad as the eurotel easily doubled that)
Although it allows recording up to 55 mins of  a call, I will still be using my dedicated, call recorder
As our kids are not babies anymore, & we have not got a use for the Baby monitor facility, which is activated by a defined noise level, & the alarm can be set to an external number (handy for those with new members of the family Smiley )
It has a Network mailbox function, that has to be requested from your provider (providing your provider supports it)
The screensavers have a timely fishy theme 2 x clock that is 1 x digital & 1 x analogue then 3 different fishy pics
The speaker volume is at least twice what the eurotel ever was & is crystal clear
Have not tested a call to see what music plays when I put you on hold (yet)
The Alarm clock is quite loud (will see if it wakes me up) Tongue
Will update more when tested thoroughly
picbits
Rising Star

Gigaset also have excellent customer support - I've had a couple of exchanges with them.
TORPC
Grafter

Cheers DomS
That is handy to know for future reference if ever needed
I will be taking it with me when I go over a neighbours tomorrow (will have a better idea of real world) range as lab tests are typically different
It also has a Radiation on / off feature (will need to look into that)
For once I have actually RTDM (I don't know what came over me) & SWMBO checked my temp Tongue
Quick look on gigaset
[quote= http://www.gigaset.com/information/eco-dect-green-home.html]ECO Mode Plus
Radiation-free ECO Mode Plus turns off the transmitting power when the phone is in standby. The DECT transmitting power is switched off for all registered handsets – when all support ECO Mode Plus
Variable reduction of transmitting power according to distance between handset and base station
Dependent on distance from base station.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I'm happy with my S820A......particularly the ability to present blocked numbers and number withheld calls with an engaged tone. Cool
Incoming call speech is very clear and quite loud enough.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
TORPC
Grafter

You got the "Worlds first touchscreen TOUCH & TYPE with hybrid navigation" /  bluetooth one
We looked at that, but it wasn't in the price range that we wanted to spend, that said even though I have a cheaper model, the build quality seems exceptionally well, & you know it is in your hand due to the weight of it.
In a real world test I have taken it over a neighbours approx 25 mtrs & I managed to get one signal bar just inside their front door, any further & loose signal completely
Taking into consideration
In-between us are
2 x street lamps
1 x Electronic door locking system
1 x Silver cabinet (with some sort of electrics (Neither BT or VM admits it is theirs))
TORPC
Grafter

For anyone that may be interested
Here is a direct download of the User friendly, Habdbook .PDF for Models C62x/C620-C620A/A31008-M2403-L101-1-761
I can not seem to find any real (justified) negative reviews on this phone