cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a good configuration for games?

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: What is a good configuration for games?

the first question about ddr 2 or 3 was asking had you hit the wrong key,
as to the rest;
I said I didn't know the multipliers could be pumped that high,
anthill's used to have multipliers locked down to 4 x, ddr2 fsb used to have max of 333 meaning the top whack was 4 x 333 or 1.3 for the cpu speed.... although I am now aware that in 09 a certain company made a mobo with an fsb max speed of 500 and anthill cpu's were released that year with multipliers locked to a 9 x maximum, although the mainstream ddr2 was still limited to 667and yes i'm aware that several ram manufacturers would select the best of their ram and factory overclock it past 667, although a lot of people complained that in order to get it to run above 667 you had to seriously pump the overclocks through it ...
but thanks for trying to make it seem like I was confusing cpu speed with ram speed,
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Quote from: nanotm
the first question about ddr 2 or 3 was asking had you hit the wrong key,

do you mean ddr3 rather than ddr2 ?iirc 1.2ghz was the fastest clock speed you could pump the multiplier to on the ddr2 mobo's but its been almost a decade since I had one.....
4 is the newest for system ram and gddr5 for graphics is due to start being replaced by gddr6 in the next generation of cards announced for 2016 a couple of moths ago.

Your post in full. You never mentioned anything about pressing the wrong key.
as to the rest;
I said I didn't know the multipliers could be pumped that high,
anthill's used to have multipliers locked down to 4 x, ddr2 fsb used to have max of 333 meaning the top whack was 4 x 333 or 1.3 for the cpu speed.... although I am now aware that in 09 a certain company made a mobo with an fsb max speed of 500 and anthill cpu's were released that year with multipliers locked to a 9 x maximum, although the mainstream ddr2 was still limited to 667and yes i'm aware that several ram manufacturers would select the best of their ram and factory overclock it past 667, although a lot of people complained that in order to get it to run above 667 you had to seriously pump the overclocks through it ...

Well this machine is older than 09.. I looked up the warranty info on the HP website and they listed it as 8 years old. So 667MHz memory speeds were clearly available before it was to the mainstream public so I fail to see why you had to quibble anyway instead of just believing it - Oh.. reverse psychology there lol. You can't believe others as you pump out so much unbelieveable stuff yourself  Wink
This machine doesn't use normal DDR2 ram apparently.. it's some other special server type of ram and there is a whopping great fan over it to keep it cool. So again, you couldn't have foreseen that to quibble it anyway.
but thanks for trying to make it seem like I was confusing cpu speed with ram speed,

Who said there was any trying involved? Grin
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

or perhaps I couldn't believe that you just wasted your money buying something so old and advocated that someone else do the same, ddr2 667 memory has been around since 2005 and was superseded in 2007 with manufacturing ending in 2009, making it obsolete and thus scrap when it fails...
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

You really are full of yourself aren't you nano.
You say one thing, then another and then contradict it again to make yourself right again...
A second ago you were saying DDR2 limited processor speed to 1.3GHz... yet those speeds have been around since before DDR2. I got an Athlon XP box in the garage that runs at 1.8GHz.. and it uses plain old DDR memory nano - FANCY THAT!!!!!.
Where does your knowledge end?  Grin
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!