Did you mean: 

What format should I use, please?

FIXED
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: What format should I use, please?

You can make the video frame rate as fixed or variable. Smiley

I use the default 160kbps for the audio rate on my TV because audio typically uses no more than 8% of the AV file size.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

MPEG2 video isn't a great codec to use. If the bitrate is set too low the picture will end up "blocky".
I forget what default options are set in Any Video Converter (I always setup a manual config with that program).
Options to look out for are in this order (best to worst):
Video codec
MPEG4, XviD, MPEG2
Audio codec
MP3, MPEG2 (to be matched with video MPEG2)
File formats to use are:
.mpg - for MPEG4/2
.avi - for XviD

The MediaInfo details suggest that video is already in MPEG4 so could be just copied through but some low end tech won't play it as they only support 1 ref-frame (yours has 2). As for audio AAC does not look to be supported by your TV, so that definitely needs to be converted (correct term is "transcoded").
That's RPM to you!!
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I use handbrake to give a container format of MP4,

A video format of MPEG4, codec avc1, 4 ref frames, bit rate of 2,000kbps

Audio format of AAC

Subtitles of SRT

Roughly 1GByte per hour.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

I wasn't specifically replying to you @VileReynard, the mobile version of this forum can't specify a reply to anyone else if there's only one post on the second page.
Anyway, those settings you've mentioned won't play on @shutter's television, it's not supported.
That's RPM to you!!
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@RPMozley  & @VileReynard  thanks for your input... I am sure it will be useful to someone else who reads this thread...  however... my reply 15

https://community.plus.net/t5/Tech-Help-Software-Hardware-etc/What-format-should-I-use-please/m-p/14...

Edited at the end, shows a really simple and effective solution to my problem... I just drag & drop up to 10 files on to the "Video Converter" part of the suite of "ATubeCatcher"... set the output file , and the output destination... then click on "convert"... job done... ( almost )... I then copy the folder/files to the USB stick...

stick that in the USB slot... chose "source" USB..  and go from there... it`t so simple, no bothering with containing thingys or bit rates  ....