Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can I do?

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

What can I do?

Hi guys
I recently managed to collect a car load of computer parts from someone who was giving them away free on our local freecycle scheme (Google freecycle for more info).
Amongst the bits was mainly old P2's an old server case (2ft tall type), a 2.4GHz pentium (fried), an ASrock K7S41 (also fried but had a working Sempron!) and a (this was the best one) working 2.8GHz Intel celeron D machine (though after cleaning up everything including the PSU internals the PSU refused to work properly again).
Anyway on having a count up, I'm now in a bit of a fix! I have a total of 10 cases (11 if you include my GF's dead one upstairs which I've still not rebuilt  but now have parts for). 4 of them (3 already mine 4th being the 2.8) work, some others I have motherboards for (and even memory) and the other cases I'd like to keep for spares.
Now here is the dilemma. We live in a very small place. Currently I have 2 of my working machines in a cupboard under the stairs which seemed a great place to put the others too. Only problem is the rest of the cupboard is full of other stuff I've acquired and intend to make use of in the future (as you do). So.. I'm sorta stuck! What can I do with so many computer boxes? Do any of you have any unusual methods for storing them?
I've thought about stacking them up on top of each other but I worry about them falling. I could empty the cupboard of my other clutter (and make a real mess of the living room which my GF would never forgive) but I'm struggling to find places to think of stashing it all!
Any thoughts are welcome...
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
11 REPLIES 11
Santiago
Grafter

Re: What can I do?

Get a shed Roll_eyes
community
Grafter

Order a Skip.....and find another hobby..... Smiley
artificer
Grafter

pass on the ones that don't work through freecycle again.
geewizz
Grafter

Tape them to the backs of posters on the wall where they will be hidden from view.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Use them to build a suspended ceiling to prevent heat loss.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Santiago
Grafter

well....what did you expect...a serious answer    Cheesy
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Send them to me we can start a grid computer  Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Fill them with earth/compost mix, and plant them with flowers....  Either indoors or outdoors, they will certainly be a talking point  Cheesy
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Don't leave them stacked outside an art gallery otherwise someone may offer you £100,000 for them Roll_eyes
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

LOL @ art...
Well guys eventually the missues caved in and cleared out a cupboard and condensed the stuff into another.. 5 cases, 1 printer plus another dead PC all in there now Wink
Mind you some of them will be coming back out shortly to be built up...
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
God
Grafter

Having found a place for everything, doesn't that make you want to check if freecycle have any more goodies for you? You know you want to... just one little peek.