cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Websites load slow

scipio1st
Grafter

Websites load slow

Lately my internet has become really slow at loading pages. I download about the same, but loading pages is a pain!
I am currently using Firefox 3 and a Mac OSX Leopard. I deleted the cache and cookies in case it was that but it wasn't. Do you have any ideas?
9 REPLIES 9
samuria
Grafter

Re: Websites load slow

All pages or just some? If its just certain pages it could just be slow scripts as some sites  were the webpage ends in asp or php instead of htm run software on the host which could be overloaded. Html pages dont run anything on the host so it down to your pc to render it.
scipio1st
Grafter

I have found a decline in speed in all my browsing. Weird thing is my browsing has gotten a little faster since making this topic...
On another note my connection seems to crash when uploading large files or doing other things which fills my limit. Not sure why because my XBOX 360 is on the same wireless router and is the same distance away as this macbook, but never sees any fault in connection.
Anyway to speed up my browsing? Such as Firefox plugins or something?
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

If you suspect  that the cause is Firefox, then the cause is likely to be a Firefox plugin.
So disable (not remove) all plugins, restart Firefox and re-enable plugins one at a time.
However, the cause is unlikely to be Firefox.  Smiley
Try the Plusnet speedtester.
Attempt to make the BT speedtester work - although it probably won't. Smiley

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

pierre_pierre
Grafter

2300 on 22nd did two tests  my speed test  sync 8128 profile 7150   up down 6600 up 383.  BT Test same but throughput 1150, so what does that prove?  Looking at the Forum as a whole, evverbody is getting bad through puts in the evening, PN has just lit another Pipe and it is in its balancing stage
Changed date
scipio1st
Grafter

So there is an issue with the overall network and not just on my side?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

seems to be although there seems to be a lot of different answers
scipio1st
Grafter

And no one from Plus.net feel its necassary to answer?
James
Grafter

Sorry - I didn't see this thread first time round.
There's no specific issues with web browsing that I'm aware of.
We'd need you to run both a BT and a normal speedtest in order to investigate.
scipio1st
Grafter

BT:
Results Image not loaded
Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
    Your DSL connection rate: 3168 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    IP profile for your line is - 2500 kbps
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 917 kbps
Plus:

They seem relatively normal, but are not true to what I am experiencing. For instance, lynda.com has streaming videos, they always used to stream smooth without waiting, now I have to wait 10 minutes or so for them to load. When I am uploading things to deviantArt.com  my connection goes dead. The websites I go to load slow to say I am on broadband. On some sites images load as if they were on a 56k connection.
Nothing at all you can see on your side? This happens with both my wireless routers and on both my mac and the PC.