Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website file format

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Website file format

I've been asked to design a menu for my sister so she can send it to her webmaster to upload, however he's on holiday, so in his absence, what would be the best file format to use so it can be altered in the future?

13 REPLIES 13
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Website file format

Anonymous
Not applicable

What kind of menu do you mean @Mayfly a food menu or a series of selectable options as used on a web page?

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Sorry, yes I meant a food menu that can be uploaded to a website and edited if necessary. I know I can do it in word or a number of other apps but unsure if it would be a straight copy and paste or if the formatting (layout) would be corrupted.  I normally use coreldraw and can save as a number of different file extensions but don't know what would be best.

daveplus
Pro

Export (not save) from Corel to jpg or png
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mayfly  I don’t know what file options Corel Draw has but you want to save to a format that the other user can read and write, so something like an RTF, .DOC or even .HTML format. Exporting to a JPG or PNG will work but won’t allow for editing by the recipient.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Mayfly 

@Mayfly wrote:

I've been asked to design a menu for my sister so she can send it to her webmaster to upload, however he's on holiday, so in his absence, what would be the best file format to use so it can be altered in the future?

Why not have your own blog ?  like a website... but you don`t pay anyone to "Look after it" and "do things" on it... you do it all yourself, to your own design and style..

and   IT S FREE  ! ! ..

Read all about it..     it`s really quite easy to do ..   just like writing on paper... no HTML worries, or CSS or other techy stuff...

https://www.blogger.com/about/?r=1-null_user

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did anyone actually read, digest and understand @Mayfly’s posts Huh

shutter
Community Veteran

Yes...  !  the suggestion I made was an alternative to paying someone to do, what you can do yourself.

Anonymous
Not applicable

daveplus
Pro

@Anonymous Maybe Mayfly could ask the webmaster what they would like. CorelDRAW can export to almost anything

shutter
Community Veteran

@daveplus 

With reference to @Anonymous  `s post regarding   " did anyone read the original post..... "

You obviously missed this vital piece of information hidden deep within.....

however he's on holiday,

Ooops ! ! ... Roll_eyes

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ll stand corrected here @daveplus, but aside from the fact they their on holiday I don’t think this is one for the webmaster, if anything it is down to @Mayfly’s sister as only she will know what she intends how to use it.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

This is complete stab in the dark on my part so forgive me if I am talking complete rubbish. Though if you read my posts you must be used to it by now Tongue

One thing that springs to mind is if Adobe PDF's will work. The reader is free, the writer isn't I'm afraid.

I am just wondering if you both have the writers then it'll do what you want.