cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail inbox not displaying

richlj

Webmail inbox not displaying

My dad is having problems with webmail.  He logs in correctly and can view everything (Drafts, Trash, Options, Help, etc.) perfectly except the inbox.  The inbox link on the left states that there are emails there (currently 6), but it spends about 40 seconds trying to load the page before giving up and leaving just the menu (Compose, Addresses, etc.) at the top.
It seems like it might be timing out before it has managed to download the page fully; a quick look at the html seems to confirm this (everything there up to the end of the menu links, then nothing, not even a closing body or html tag).  All the other pages load up with lightning speed, however.
He normally checks his email with an email client, which still works fine, but uses webmail every couple of days or so.  He has apparently had this problem continuously for the past three weeks, so it doesn't seem like it will  just go away.
Finally, he uses Windows XP, and I have tried on XP with IE7 and Firefox 2 with the same results each time.
Any suggestions?
Many thanks,
Richard
3 REPLIES 3
richlj

Re: Webmail inbox not displaying

My dad has tried logging in to his own email from his PC (WinXP, Internet Explorer [not sure which version]) and I have tried logging in to his email from my two PCs and laptop (all WinXP, IE7, Firefox 2).
I don't personally have a Force9/Plus Net account, so cannot test it with another account.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I wonder if there's a corrupted email in there which is upsetting webmail. Have you tried accessing the mailbox using software on your PC or another online mail reader like mail2web?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
richlj

Thanks for your advice, get a ticket raised.