Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail [Solved]

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Webmail [Solved]

As a new user (activation expected tomorrow), I have been using the Webmail facility, as well as the Order Tracker, just to check on progress
During the registration process I believe that a mailbox has been set up (myname@username.plus.com). However, I cannot log into Webmail in any way other than entering my username and password.  When I do this, my inbox contains duplicates of each message, one sent to
postmaster@username.plus.com
the other to
myname@username.plus.com
I was expecting to be able to log on to Web mail as 'username+myname', using the same password as my account name, since I have not set up a new password, but I get username/password invalid type messages.
My other car isn't a Ferrari
4 REPLIES 4
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Webmail

Your default account (myname@username.plus.com) is accessed using your normal account username and password (same one you log into the website with). You will also have a 'postmaster' alias that points to this default account.
In a nutshell, email to both postmaster@ and myname@ should land in this mailbox.
If you use Webmail to send messages then you might want to check your options to make sure the email address is set correctly there (if it's not some people may have difficulties replying to you).
You can see an overview of your mail settings under 'Manage My Mail' in the Member Centre.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Thanks Bob,
Why do I need the postmaster@ alias if the default is myname@ ?
Is there any way of filtering so that I only see one set of messages?
If I set up more mailboxes, will all these be visible if I access the default myname@ account?
My other car isn't a Ferrari
samuria
Grafter

If you setup new address you wont be able to see them from your username account you have to logon with username+mailbox name.
If I remember you can remove the postmaster on the portal any name sent to your account will end up in the default username account if there isnt a mailbox. so if people send to fred,percy joe, webmaster,accounts@yourusername.plus.com they will all go to the basic acount
liam1412
Grafter

Although you can turn catchall off to avoid this
[Moderator's note by Peter (PJ): Full quote of previous post removed as per the link:rules]