cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail 2003, IE7 and Vista probs

bubbalicious
Grafter

Webmail 2003, IE7 and Vista probs

My Dad has asked to use my Laptop to access his emails for his work.  He accesses them through webmail 2003 and whilst when he uses it on Xp Pro, with Ie7 there is no problem, coming to mine running Vista 32bit Home Premium again with Ie&  is giving us a big problems! Shocked
As soon as he has composed a message and we hit send, it crashes IE7 down? I have tried different email addresses and have also downloaded the latest S/MIME Control, from the Webmail options page. this has fixed a problem we were having where the box to type the body of the email was unaccessible and had a little red X in the corner, but stopping IE7 crashing out this wasn't successful!
I just can't find the answer myself! I am guessing it may be a Vista thing as my previous Vista machine showed the same exact problems!
I have found mentions of th exact problem around the internet but the 'fix' is a little daunting as it says it needs to be installed on the 2003 exchange server, which I don't think is me!
I'm totally stumped with this and my Father is not the most patient when it comes to computers, If anyone can help me put - much appreciated,
2 REPLIES 2
gswindale
Grafter

Re: Webmail 2003, IE7 and Vista probs

There is a patch to fix an issue with Outlook Web Access (2003 version) and Vista machines, but your father would need his company's IT department to install it on their Exchange Server.
Have you tried using Firefox at all - you lose some functionality (Thanks MS), but it may work a bit better than at present?
bubbalicious
Grafter

Re: Webmail 2003, IE7 and Vista probs

::)Thanks for the advice,  I've passed the info up to the IT man in my Fathers company!
I have just had a look at firefox and will be installing it,  it seems to give him access to do all needs to within webmail - Including sending emails, (why can't microsoft make things simple!!!) and  and leave Dads company to do what they want about the other.
Thanks for letting me know, it's been driving me crazy thinking it was something I was doing wrong,