cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Mail

klyne
Grafter

Web Mail

The new version of webmail is certainly far better at catching SPAM than the old version. The introduction of the SPAM folder was excellent. However I am surprised at the amount it still lets in especially given the subject lines that you would have thought that it would recognise. Not sure if I am allowed to mention BTYahoo on here but they have an option of declaring an e-mail as spam which supposedly helps the system recognise similar mails in the future. Any chance of a similar thing being added? I download most of my mail via POP3 but I do sometimes check webmail at work, Squirrel Mail I think its called. Its a pretty dire interface are there any plans to improve it or is there anything I can do myself to change the look?
Thanks
David
2 REPLIES 2
Liam
Grafter

Re: Web Mail

Hi there,
Glad you like the new Webmail system.  The Spam filtering is actually done on our Mail Server side.
We do have a way of 'training' the Spam filters like BTYahoo do (yes - you can mention them - we don't censor!).
If you receive a mail marked as [-SPAM-] that shouldn't be, forward it on to :
notspam@despamchecker.plus.com
If you receive a mail not markes as [-SPAM-] that IS spam, forward it on to :
spam@despamchecker.plus.com

Very soon, we will be rolling out buttons into Webmail that will do this automatically.  So you'll just have to click a link that says "Spam" or "Not Spam" - or something to that effect.
With regards to the interface - take a look at this post :-
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?topic=270.0
klyne
Grafter

Re: Web Mail

Liam
Thanks for that reply which does answer, with the other thread, all of my points. I shall try not to be so impatient in future!!!!!
David