cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty

CX
Grafter

Warranty

I was about to open the box for my new SSD this morning, and noticed this on the seal.
A case of using the wrong sticker on the box, or perhaps someone not thinking through the implications if one were to obey it to the letter?
8 REPLIES 8
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Warranty

No problem, don't remove it.  Cool
It doesn't say, warranty void if seal is cut/broken does it?  Wink
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Grin
That's RPM to you!!
NedLudd
Grafter

The point surely is - how would you know the warranty is void if the seal is removed!
Geoff,
York.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

You can still open the box.... just lift off half of the "seal",.... to open the end of the box... then remove the item... close the box, and you can stick it back down.. You haven`t "removed" it... you have just removed half of it, and then replaced that same half...  Smiley
Anonymous
Not applicable

On items I think I may be returning, I gently prise open the bottom of the box, if possible.
They are rarely taped shut, just requiring a bit of gentle persuasion to open, and re-close.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Indeed, presumably any other means of entry that allows access to the contents of your box does not 'void the warranty'; only the obvious one.
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Funny things warranties.
I Was looking at Dell monitors with 3 year warranties and after a bit of research noticed a number of unhappy customer who had purchased a new monitor with the 3 year guarantee via e-bay discovered that the 3 year warranty only applied if the monitor had been purchased direct from Dell !
We are born into history and history is born into us.
Rich
Grafter

A well known high street computer retailer used to sell monitors with a three year warranty, then would contact the customer after just less than one year, offering to sell them an extended warranty Crazy