Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty Support from Logitech

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Warranty Support from Logitech

This isn't a rant just a very happy customer reporting
My MX518 Gaming mouse developed an annoying fault after 2.5 years which I reported to Logitech stating
I am getting intermittent connection failure to the USB port as shown by the device disconnect beep and then connect beep immediately afterwards.
I have tried the rear USB ports and the front USB port and both show the same problem.
When playing a game where the right mouse button is used for moving forward the microswitch seems to stick and the forward movement continues when the button is released.
I have tried with my spare Logitech LX3 Optical Mouse and this works without problems
Please note that the mouse is still under the three year warranty
Note that the software is reported as 6.22.24 by the autodetect system
Reply next day
Thank you for contacting Logitech's Customer Care.
Unfortunately, we must inform you that your product is defective and a warranty exchange is needed.
Based on the supplied information your product is still covered by warranty. In order to obtain the warranty exchange your first point of call should be the point of purchase, as they should be able to arrange the warranty exchange.
In the event the point of purchase refuses to assist with the warranty exchange, we kindly ask that you contact Customer Care again. Please note, that if Logitech is to consider processing a warranty claim, we kindly ask that you supply the following information:
Information provided and 4 minutes later i received this reply
Thank you for contacting Logitech's Customer Care.
We have arranged that your warranty replacement has been ordered at our warehouse. Usually it takes 24 to 48 hours from the time a warranty replacement has been ordered until it is shipped. Once the warranty replacement has been shipped you will receive an automated email from our system. This email will contain a tracking number which can be used on UPS's website
This is why I use Logitech for my mice and keyboards  Grin Grin
2 REPLIES 2
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Warranty Support from Logitech

Excellent result.
It's so heart-warming when loyalty to a company is rewarded like this.
I had a similar experience with Iiyama a few years back. One call to their Support line and a replacement arrived the next day Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Warranty Support from Logitech

and the replacement has failed - another RMA but in this case they asked for the mouse to be returned - provided a post free label - and a replacement Logitech Optical Gaming Mouse G400 has now been dispatched