cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanted BT Sport on another Sky box, now lost Sky tv service

keith99
Dabbler

Wanted BT Sport on another Sky box, now lost Sky tv service

I phoned yesterday to  change BT Sport from my Sky box in the living room to my bedroom box. The operator didn't seem to sure on what to do but he said it was done and should be sorted within 24 hours.
Later in the day i was asked for serial number and version number, by text message then got one saying i will get a new viewing card!
I get home today to find i have no Sky tv at all in my living room but ok in the bedroom, but no BT Sport.
I phoned Sky who said the viewing card no longer matches their system, and they will send one out, taking 3-5 days!
I have spoken to Plusnet c/s who said that it should have been just a straightforward change of viewing card numbers, but he will raise a ticket for the BT Sport team to contact me.
In the mean time i am left without Sky in my living room of which i have the full package. It is not convenient to pile in the bedroom to watch, especially when it shouldn't have happened.
My new 2 year contract only started 6 days ago, after i accepted an offer after saying i was going to leave for BT, oh how i wish i had changed now. Sometimes it clearly pays to spend a bit more for a better product and service. Unfortunately i am now stuck with it for 2 years.
2 REPLIES 2
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Wanted BT Sport on another Sky box, now lost Sky tv service

Hi,
I'm really sorry to hear about this. I'm not sure why Sky sent out an additional card. They should have been able to authorise the one that we sent out.
That being said, I understand that we shouldn't have sent out a card in the first place.  Embarrassed
I'll make sure that this gets fed back, and I will send you a ticket update with some form of goodwill gesture on it.
Thanks,
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
LNNFN
Dabbler

Re: Wanted BT Sport on another Sky box, now lost Sky tv service

Quote from: keith99
...In the mean time i am left without Sky in my living room of which i have the full package. It is not convenient to pile in the bedroom to watch, especially when it shouldn't have happened.

There is nothing (apart your own inertia/imagination) preventing you from transferring the 'bedroom' card to the living room.
It can be done in <5 minutes if the recipient box can connect to SKY via the telephone or internet.
Alternatively, you can insist that SKY immediately re-enable the service that you're paying for. It can be done, regardless of the 'fob off' you'll receive from 1st line support.
However, it may require some 'persistence' on your part.