cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to cancel BT line, want to keep Plusnet

brownb2
Grafter

Want to cancel BT line, want to keep Plusnet

Due to BT's new price hikes http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-10676934 I want to cancel my line with them as I make 99% of my calls via mobile and skype and do not actually make calls on my phone (in fact all I get nowadays is spam calls to that phone despite being signed up with the TPS). I do however want to move Plusnet to whoever takes over the line - is this possible?
Shame I can't move my postal service either as all I tend to get from them is 90% royal mail delivered junk, 10% bills. We get so much junk compared to useful post we refer to the postman in our household as the spamman.
3 REPLIES 3
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Want to cancel BT line, want to keep Plusnet

Move your phone line to Plusnet.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
brownb2
Grafter

Is this the only option/only company that Plusnet will support a phone line on? I'd give up home voice calls altogether if someone offered the facility - I see Plusnet have an evening and weekend "free" talk plan that I wouldn't need that I'm sure could be used to reduce the cost of line rental even more...
dick:quote
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Line rental is essential for broadband, this is £11.25. We throw in your evening and weekend calls for free, this isn't an option that can be removed for a reduction in price I'm afraid. We can transfer your line to us in 14 days, just head to this link, choose your existing broadband package and you'll be asked what telephone package you want.