Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waitrose, Brightview and Plusnet

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Waitrose, Brightview and Plusnet

I received an email to my email address from my previous ISP (Waitrose). The gist of the message was that Waitrose as an ISP is managed by Brightview, and that Brightview will be amalgamated with Plusnet. I should expect improvements in the service (from Waitrose) as a result of the merger.
My Waitrose account was dial-up PAYG, which I have not needed to use since signing up to Plusnet mid January. I was expecting my Waitrose account and email address to be withdrawn by now, but I am still getting emails and still have 'hotmail' style access.
Unfortunately, Waitrose does not have as helpful a forum as this, but I was wondering if anyone at Plusnet could tell me if I can keep my Waitrose email address active now that the merger is going ahead, even though I no longer use the PAYG account?
My other car isn't a Ferrari
2 REPLIES 2
James
Grafter

Re: Waitrose, Brightview and Plusnet

Hi Maranello,
There's basically two options regarding this.  According to the terms and conditions (which I had to check!):
4.13 If you are a Pay As You Go user, you must connect to the Internet using the published dial-up number and your given username and password at least once in each period of 35 days. If you fail to do so, we will suspend access to your e-mail account and personal Web space from outside our network. You will then only be able to access your e-mail account and personal Web space by connecting to the Internet using the published dial-up number and your given username and password. If you fail to connect to the Internet using the published dial-up number and your given username and password at least once in each period of 65 days, we reserve the right to suspend delivery of e-mail to your account, remove the contents of your mailbox and your personal web space and terminate access to the Services without notice.

So, by design of the product, your account may be terminated if you do not dial up to the internet every 35 days.  I don't personally know if they are actually disabling accounts or not where there has been a period of inactivity greater than that.
The other option is to pay for a "JustMail" account, which I believe costs £20 per year, in order to retain your email address and webspace.
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Waitrose, Brightview and Plusnet

Thanks Jameseh
Having not complied with the T&Cs I was assuming that the account was already closed, so the email from Waitrose came as a surprise. Probably won't bother with a Justmail account as I am confident that I have let everyone who needs to know of my new address.
My other car isn't a Ferrari