cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WPS Light Constantly Flickering

bustermissy1961
Grafter

WPS Light Constantly Flickering

As the title says the Routers WPS Light is flickering all the time even when the other lights are normal. Is this normal or not, the Router is the 2704n.
3 REPLIES 3
DTEG
Rising Star

Re: WPS Light Constantly Flickering

Just found ours doing similarly. WPS button definitely not pressed. Restarted in case of anything untoward and seems OK now, but a little worrying.
bustermissy1961
Grafter

Mine doesn't have the option to press the button so ive just disabled it in the Router settings.I did a bit of reading on it and it states its better to not have it enabled for security reasons.
DTEG
Rising Star

On the 2704n the WPS button is the top one on the left hand edge of the unit when upright.
Given that "always active" WPS is essentially no more secure than an open network, and as I understand it would require a highly inconvenient WPA password change to kick off any rogue clients, just in case WPS really did get randomly activated and stuck on rather than just its flashing light, I've followed bustermissy1961's lead and disabled WPS altogether pending a firmware fix. Hopefully that will work, though not entirely reassured given the evident bugginess of this version...