cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI and BT Total Broadband Anywhere

leahk
Grafter

WIFI and BT Total Broadband Anywhere

I had thought that with the BT deal some of their features would be filtering through to PN by now.  With the recent announcement that PN were withdrawing their wireless broadband offering they seem to be distancing the PN offerings rather than seeing how they could enhance them.  This post is prompted by the an email I received from BT today regarding the Total Broadband Anywhere offering.
BT Total Broadband Anywhere
First - the reason why I didn't use PNs WIFI was the high cost. PNs assertion was that with 3G Broadband there is no need for WIFI hotspots anymore. This is simply not the case - I frequently find myself in locations where I can see a BT hotspot on my laptop but there is no 3G signal and often no 2G signal either.
PN still has many features I need and just cant get from BT so I wont be switching - but I would welcome the option to add some of the BT Total Broadband Anywhere features to my PN account.
A year ago I can remember PN posts in these forums saying that we would start seeing things like HomeHub offered by PN early this year  e.g.
Quote from: Jameseh
We do plan on offering it early next year, once BT make it available for us to do so. Certainly not going to be forcing it onto people though!
Kind regards, James Bailey
Plusnet Products Team