cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEB FILTERS

ZOMBIE06

WEB FILTERS

i have just switched from a different isp now that i have switched to plus net i am unable to go on some websites i used to be able to go on before is there anyway of turning off the web filtering on here i have turned off all the plus net protect service and im still unable to go on there any help would be appreciated and im talking about torrent sites in general

13 REPLIES 13
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: WEB FILTERS

what specific websites can't you access?
plusnet block certain sites according to court orders applied to BT (as plusnet use BT as their provider).
there is nothing you can do to revert those blocks.

TPB isn't blocked
RARBG is blocked
SCNSRC is blocked (this is a recent addition)
ZOMBIE06

well the isp i had before was utility warehouse which used the same line i also have the same phone number so dont make sence why it would be blocked now im trying to access torrentday

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Yes torrentday is a blocked page Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

torrentday is blocked in the united kingdom by a court order of the MPAA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_websites_blocked_in_the_United_Kingdom#Court_ordered_implement...

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

ZOMBIE06

how do i unblock it and why is it blocked i switched isp but the line is still the same bt line i had before it shouldnt have been blocked just from switching 

ZOMBIE06

i switched to plus net 3 days a go and i was on it then i can go on it on my phone as long as i use data so it cant be blocked in the uk 

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

It is blocked (along with hundreds of other file sharing sites) due to copyright infringement and the courts telling the major ISPs to block these websites. I imagine that your previous ISP did not have these restrictions in place because they are a relatively small ISP and was not ordered to block those sites by the courts.

Your phone mobile connection will be able to get to those sites because there are no blocks on that network and it is seperate from your Plusnet broadband.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

@ZOMBIE06 wrote:

how do i unblock it and why is it blocked

How? Easy, you raise several millions of dollars, hire many expensive lawyers and sue the copyright holders that have had access to torrent sites blocked an demand they reverse their actions to have them unblocked when you succeed in suing them... Smiley

Why? Simple, music, TV & movie industries don't want to lose their profits to free-for-all downloading sites that offer entire collections of pretty much everything they've produced, even if you've already bought them on a physical media and don't want to go through the hassle of ripping them to digital files to use on a media server. That's how the legal system works, those with the most money get their way... Smiley

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

VPN's are not illegal but accessing banned sites through the use of them would be.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
chenks76
All Star

@jaread83 wrote:

It is blocked (along with hundreds of other file sharing sites) due to copyright infringement and the courts telling the major ISPs to block these websites. I imagine that your previous ISP did not have these restrictions in place because they are a relatively small ISP and was not ordered to block those sites by the courts.

a question i would ask is... did Plusnet have a court order placed against them to block scnsrc?
or was the court order applied to BT and plusnet have blocked the site due to BT blocking it?
If so, plusnet users are being affected by a court order that has been applied to a different ISP.

chenks76
All Star

no further comment from plusnet i see... no surprises there.
they do like to hide behind their parent.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

We use BT for much of our transit and peering so by proxy, any blocking applied has the potential to affect Plusnet customers. There will be ways around it, but that's not a discussion for here really Wink

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

chenks76
All Star

i'm not sure that any plusnet user should be getting affected "by proxy" though, afterall we pay plusnet for service, not BT.
and i'm not entirely that it is the case anyway.
TPB is blocked by BT (from when i last checked), but isn't blocked on plusnet, so clearly plusnet aren't simply applying anything that BT does carte blanche.