cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W7 Advisor - How relaible is it?

Mav
Fixes: 515

W7 Advisor - How relaible is it?

Thought I'd download and run the W7 Advisor - just out of curiosity.
Everything passed OK with one warning that my current graphics adaptor, apparently, 'won't support the Windows Aero user interface'.
I had previously done some research that seemed to indicate that my Radeon ATI 3870 512MB would be more than capable
This is a modern graphics card capable of running all the new features in Windows Vista, including the upcoming DirectX 10.

I assume this to include Aero.
Could it be that, somehow, the the W7 Advisor has recognised the on-board graphics (albeit switched off) and ignore the card or is Aero on W7 more power hungry than Vista - doubtful from I have been reading?
Anyone else used the Advisor with conflicting results?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

3 REPLIES 3
paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: W7 Advisor - How relaible is it?

Quote from: Mav

Everything passed OK with one warning that my current graphics adaptor, apparently, 'won't support the Windows Aero user interface'.

I had that warning as well with one or two others but no problems with the Aero interface with W7 installed. Watchout if you use twain interface for anything, can't seem to get it to work at the moment (Epson CX3200 printer/scanner)
Paul
Cliff_Jordan
Grafter

Quote from: Mav
Anyone else used the Advisor with conflicting results?

A month or so back I ran the Beta version of the Advisor and it told me that my PC was Aero compatible but just running the current version today tells me it's not Undecided  - but I'm fairly certain that my GeForce 8600GT is more than capable . I prefer to believe the Beta results.
Cliff
Mav
Fixes: 515

Thanks for the advice.
Think I'll stop worrying now Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still