cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voyager 105 installation problems...

weathereye

Voyager 105 installation problems...

This is my first posting so I hope it is in the right area.
I have been trying to re-install my Voyager 105 USB modem to check if it is a problem with my D-Link modem/router causing my broadband connection to have been reset to 135Kbs.
I am using XP SP3 and when I try to install the modem I receive a message saying "Error loading Newdev.dll".  If I continue I receive a second message saying "Administrator privileges are required etc..." and the installation Wizard closes.  I have checked User Accounts via Control Panel and I am logged in with administrator privileges.
This modem has been installed successfully on this computer previously, probably under SP2 but I un-install it when I am not using it because the computer insists of trying to connect via the Voyager modem even when I have my D-Link wireless modem installed.
Alternatively is there any way I can get my profile restored to what it was previously without having to wait 10 days for the BT system to put things right?
Can anyone help?
Thanks in anticipation - Alan S
2 REPLIES 2
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Voyager 105 installation problems...

Quote from: weathereye
I am using XP SP3 and when I try to install the modem I receive a message saying "Error loading Newdev.dll".

Plenty of similar reports on the Internet judging by a quick Google search.
Alternatively is there any way I can get my profile restored to what it was previously without having to wait 10 days for the BT system to put things right?

I doubt it's the router causing the issue to be honest. The reason your IP profile is at 135kbps is due to a 160kbps sync event that BT Wholesale have timestamped at 23:48:32 on 22/09/2009. You're currently synchronised at 4512kbps so as long as things remain that way for 72 hours after the low sync event, the IP profile should follow suit. I'd wait until tomorrow evening and bump this thread again then if things still haven't changed...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

weathereye

Re: Voyager 105 installation problems...

Thanks Bob - that synch event is almost certainly due to a problem on my overhead line which rubs on a street lighting standard.  I have suspected that it was faulty since the beginning of the year but it was only during that windy spell on Tuesday that it failed completely and I lost my speech service.  Outreach were quick off the mark to fix it but I would bet a Pound to a penny that is was the root of all the problems that I have logged, wasting the PlusNet support  team and causing me a lot of anguish into the bargain.  Thanks for setting the record straight and I will sit on my hands for a couple more days and look forward to getting my 5Mbps service restored.
In the meantime I will pursue the installation problem via Google.  Have worked in tech support roles for close on 50 years I do so hate not knowing why things do not work properly.
Regards - Alan S
27/9/2009 - as you predicted, I am now back on a 5Mb/s service.  Still not fixed the Voyager 105 installation problem though.  I could not get the fixes that I found on Google to work.  However it is no longer a problem because my Thompson (Plusnet  version) modem was delivered on Friday and it is installed and apparently working O.K.  All thanks to you and the Plusnet team.
Alan S