Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual C++ and Casio EG-800 ? - Help!

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Visual C++ and Casio EG-800 ? - Help!

Hi guys!
I've recently been working on an app to run on a mobile device. My problem is that Borlands Delphi doesn't compile to run on Windows CE or work with MIPS processors. So... in my hunt for answers I'm now told I need Visual C++ 5 plus the VC for CE addon.
I can't find Visual C++ 5 anywhere on the microsoft labyrinth so I'm stuffed!
My question is this - Do the later versions (EG studio etc) work with mobile devices? - Do the free versions have this support or is it something I need to splash out some cash on?
I suppose really I'm a bit confused. There seem to be so many versions of C++ IDEs out there both free and paid for and I've got no idea which one I need to buy/download in order to get started. My biggest *must* is that it will compile programs which will run on the Casio EG-800 with a MIPS processor running Windows CE version 3.
Anyone got any pointers?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
2 REPLIES 2
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Visual C++ and Casio EG-800 ? - Help!

Not a user of Delphi, but PCW in the Feb edition had an article on this, the earlier edition used Borlands own VCL.Net and C++, the new 2009 edition  to keep compatability with MS C# now uses the MS VCL.NET
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Visual C++ and Casio EG-800 ? - Help!

You can download a 90-day trial of Visual Studio 2008 here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/vstudio/products/cc268305.aspx
I'd try that. I've done a bit of mobile device development with a Dell Axim on it before .. I can't remember what OS version it was using.
I dropped it since then and busted it Sad
Pretty easy to do, you create a mobile device application and you can choose whether to compile and run the application either via an emulator or it will send it directly to your device using ActiveSync.
MS also do a free cut down version of Visual Studio called Express edition, but from what I've read you can't do mobile device development on it.