Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vista desktop

petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

Vista desktop

Yes, I know it say's so in Vista but, is it so that the desktop icon shortcut arrows REALLY can't be removed? some newly added icon's appear without it, although these are usually system icons "control panel, recycle bin, my computer, Intellipoint" etc. 
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
3 REPLIES 3
petlew
Pro

Re: Vista desktop

Further to my own post. I recall in earlier versions of Windows that an ad-on tools programme -Tweak UI and XP UI had options to do just this removal of the arrow overlays.
I bet somebody out there has figured out how it's done in Vista!!

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
dhookham
Grafter

petlew
Pro

It does indeed work, thank you. But not entirely as advertised, at the last moment you are asked to logoff now with a yes/no option in the final window. Pressing yes produces an error report (or did on mine) ignore this and opt for no then logoff manually. On restart, the arrows have gone. @You also have the option to change them from the huge standard arrows to a rather sexy smaller blue arrow if thats your fancy.
Thanks again.