cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vista & iPhone 4S problem

Mav
Fixes: 515

Vista & iPhone 4S problem

My daughter been using her mother's PC while her laptop is being repaired and has come across a problem when attempting to copy files from her iPhone 4S to a folder on the PC.
She gets the following error message:
Windows Explorer has stopped working
plus something about looking for a solution.

The message box then closes and a new Explorer window opened.
Looking at the Event viewing for the times this has happened it says that 'File sdwinsec.exe is missing'.
A Google search has been a little confusing in that what I found indicates that it is a file used by Spy Bot S&D but is also nefarious.
MSE has been regularly updated and run on a weekly basis but CCleaner, SpyBot and Malwarebytes haven't for some time so I have asked her to run these now.
One solution being offered is to uninstall SpyBot.
Apparently the iPhone worked without issue on the laptop (W8) (MSE, CCleaner, SpyBot & MWB all installed) with same cable prior to using the PC.
Can anyone else help she some light on this, please?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

2 REPLIES 2
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Vista & iPhone 4S problem

Spybot has an annoying resident feature called TeaTimer.  Maybe turning it off would do the trick?  http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/why-does-the-teatimer-use-so-much-memory-has-such-a-high-cpu/
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Vista & iPhone 4S problem

I haven't had time to check that out yet but when I suggested she use SB (among others) after cleaning her PC for her of all junk and virii some months ago I did suggest she avoid installing/activating the Tea-timer function.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still