cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vista Security Alert

Not applicable

Vista Security Alert

I think that I may have posted this problem before so apologies if this is the case.
Anyway, if anyone has a clue what is going on here, would be grateful for advice as it is irritating me.
When I boot up my Vista laptop the red security centre red shield always comes up saying that there are issues with firewall and malware update.
Doesn't matter which av I use, it always happens so it has to be something to do with the computer.
Currently I am using a trial of Kaspersky and it happens with that, as it did with the previous MS Security Essentials.  This morning I had to click on the shield to initiate update of Kaspersky (which is totally automatic on my other laptop).
I have scanned Services but cannot locate anything that is wrong.  I reckon that it is something that is stopping interaction between the security programme and the desktop but don't know what it could be.
Wondered if anyone has any ideas please?
3 REPLIES 3
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Vista Security Alert

Well I'm thinking you have firewall Issues but I could be wrong?
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You could just set it not to monitor your firewall/anti virus  Grin
Actually the problem sounds like you have a spurious firewall/anti virus entry in the registry
Not applicable

Think problem is solved.  I suspect that it is something to do with CCleaner because when I don't use it before shut down the laptop boots up correctly.
Don't know why though.  Huh