cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vista Query

CJ
Dabbler

Vista Query

I must have been on auto-pilot when I clicked on the 'yes' button to delete my recycle bin (I didn't want to delete it, just empty it).
I've restored it via personalise - change desktop icons, but now it won't refresh from full to empty and vice versa.
I've tried 'restore defaults' to no avail.
I'd be grateful for any suggestions as to a solution.
3 REPLIES 3
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Vista Query

This is something I've also experienced with W7 (but not from deleting and restoring the recycle bin).
So far a reboot has been the only way to solve it

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

System Restore?
CJ
Dabbler

Hi,
Thank you both for taking the time to reply.
I was trying to avoid a system restore, but did find another solution after much searching for one. As it seems to be a common problem I'll post it here in case it's of assistance to anybody else, but please be aware that I'm not a particularly technical type and I'm just repeating what somebody else had suggested. All I can say is that it worked for me.  
Basically, changing the full and empty recycle bin icons to the opposite of what they should be (full becomes empty and empty full), clicking OK, then changing them back to what they should be has done the trick. I have no idea why this worked but the person offering this as a solution mentioned something about correction of a registry error.