cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vista Network and Sharing Centre settings

Not applicable

Vista Network and Sharing Centre settings

Have recently begun to use Kaspersky and all is OK but have just noticed that the settings have been changed in the Network and Sharing Centre.
Pre-Kaspersky I used to have have just Network Discovery on and Password Protected sharing on - I have two computers connected wirelessly.
Now it has changed as per screen shot. Don't want to change anything if it is all OK but could someone please take a look to see if the settings are OK?
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Vista Network and Sharing Centre settings

mine looks like this and I have KIS
Not applicable

Well, thanks for the screenshot Oldjim. Yours looks like mine except for the Custom bit at the top and the Password bit lower down which I have on but not sure if I need it as I don't have the two computers on a network.
I think that the File Sharing bit looks like it is set by Kaspersky. On the firewall Networks tab it is set to Public so will leave it as that as I don't want to get into bother.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

poppy,
In KIS if you click on settings then System Security and then Settings against firewall you should see something like this
Not applicable

Oldjim - thank you for the screenshot. This is getting a bit like 'I'll show you mine if you show me yours'  Grin
Mine is here:
As you can see it is slightly different  so am wondering if I should make adjustments or leave well alone.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

The difference is that you have set your local network as public which blocks all sorts of things including nasties from the other computers.
If it doesn't stop you doing what you want I would leave it
Not applicable

Well, everything is working OK Oldjim. I think the best bet is to let it get on with it's work and leave well alone apart from a regular scan. I don't know it's there really so that's got to be good as I hate heavyweight intrusive security. Have always used free stuff so it's something of a turnaround really. 
Still wondering about that domain not set thingy though (just out of curiosity).