Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vista Mahjong

petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

Vista Mahjong

My version of Vista (Vista Home Premium) comes with a built in version of Mahjong. My wife's version (Vista Home Basic) does not. I have tried to "lift" a copy of Mahjong from my PC to send/copy to my wife's PC. But my version of Vista will not let me!!
Anyone any ideas a) why? or b) how can I do this please?
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
4 REPLIES 4
paulmcelroy
Dabbler

Re: Vista Mahjong

Yeah just think of basic as home premiums poorer cousin it doent come with things like aero and obviously mahjong titans, not sure why microsoft kept it out of basic, I am not sure about getting it to work on home premium sorry, tho there are a few freeware mahjong games I am sure she could use.
petlew
Pro

Indeed there are Paul. unfortunately, she finds the MS Mahjong particularly clear and easy to play compared to some other offerings, many of which are time limited or only playable in minimised mode which is not good for Mrs Petlew's disabilities (and keeps nicking my Pc to play it)

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
David_W
Rising Star

I've been playing Japanese mahjong recently and its amazingly good fun, a bit like poker I guess, you have 4 players and you have to set up your tiles properly, like you have umm, I think its 5 sets numbered 1-9 or 1-4 for some so you can get 123 or 111 and stuff from the tiles, earn points and win, its a bit different, ok a lot different to the solitaire type game but there is a flash version, beware though it is addictive... I'ma just go play one more game Shocked
http://www.gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html
petlew
Pro

Thank you dgwebb. I've found an excellent (solitaire) Mahjong for the better half. It was time expired after 1 hour. But Mrs P was so happy with it she happily paid the £14.99 for the product key. Indeed I think its much better than that in Vista and, might even consider installing myself.