cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vista Firewall Control

Not applicable

Vista Firewall Control

Have been happily using Vista firewall with no problems but am aware that it is not fully configured for outbound traffic by default. After researching ways to make it fully two-way I gave up as it all seems a bit complicated. Just found an 'add-on' to this on download.com which does just this. It is from SphinxSoftware and so far am finding it a joy to use. Not slowed down the connection and it is so simple. Just wondered if anyone else has tried this?
2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Vista Firewall Control

TBH I currently only have 1 Vista system to worry about ( my daughters laptop ) and I just replaced the Windows firewall with Zonealarm and it works fine.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

p_w_d_stone
Grafter

Re: Vista Firewall Control

ZoneAlarm, although once popular, has received complains from users after it caused internet connections to stop working following a DNS update last year, and serious bugs that caused problems shutting down computers after the automatic upgrade to version eight.
I personally use commercial software firewalls, and I'm afraid with something as important as a firewall- you probably should too.