Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video editing software for the Mac?

FIXED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Video editing software for the Mac?

I have a front and rear dash cam setup in my car that saves the files every minute to a micro SD card, with separate files for the front and rear views (.m4p).

I’m looking for easy to use software that will allow me to glue these together, maybe 3 or 4 at a time, and ideally allow me to overlay one view within the other, so if the incident is at the front I can place the rear view in another location within the frame and vice versa. In an ideal world this overlaying would be smart enough to sync with the time data in the 'main' view so that the front and rear views are consistent. If this is asking to much then having the ability to read and view the time and or GPS positioning data for manual sync would be useful.

If you have any thoughts on this I'd appreciate them and minimal cost would be a benefit as I’m not going to make a habit of this, but need something for when the occasion arises.

3 REPLIES 3
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Video editing software for the Mac?

Fix
as you have a Mac you will already have iMovie.
this will do what you want.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just shows what I know! I had uninstalled that working on the principal that it was for playing movies, you know, like iTunes plays music. I've just re-installed so thanks for that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a front and rear dash cam setup in my car that saves the files every minute to a micro SD card, with separate files for the front and rear views (.m4p).

Dashcam OTT !!

Peter Kay Car Share Cameras.jpeg

A good candidate for  Avid Media Composer Professional Video Editing  System

As used at local Broadcast TV Company