Did you mean: 

Video editing and dvd authoring

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Video editing and dvd authoring

Hi
I used to do a fair bit of video editing and used to use Adobe Premier.  I've not done any for a while, and can no longer find my copy of Premier (which is probably a fair way out of date anyway!).  I'd like to do a bit more now.  Does anyone have any suggestions for video editing software.  Premier is pretty expensive so am wondering what else is around as that can do far more than I am likely to want to do!
Also I used to create and write the DVD's and menus with Adobe Encore, so will need a replacement for that as well if anyone can suggest one.
Many thanks
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

4 REPLIES 4
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Video editing and dvd authoring

I use Vegas Pro but the cut down version Vegas Movie Studio is well worth a look at under £50 or the slightly more expensive Platinum version.
They both include DVD Authoring and allow upto 4 video & audio tracks
Premiere Elements is around £60 but I've never used it so can't comment.
Edit: VMS Platinum inculdes HD & 5.1 editing/authoring

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Cheers Mav, I'll check them out.  I'd also forgotten about the Elements versions.  I'll check out what they've cut out for that.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pnf
Grafter

'Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD' is worth considering for video editing and DVD authoring.
http://www.womble.com/index.html
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

You could also try devedee http://www.rastersoft.com/programas/devede.html
I use this under Ubuntu to produce my own dvd's. All freeware (Open Source Software)