cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Transfer Query

Fixes: 86

Video Transfer Query

I have a Humax Foxsat HDR on which I have recorded a couple of programs in HD.
I need to transfer the recordings to an external hard-drive. The problem is the transfer utility on the HDR has a size limit of 4GB and the files apparently exceed this limit.
The video can be output on HDMI but what I need is hardware installed on my PC to accept the stream.....or any other ideas.
Any help most appreciated.

Customer and Forum Moderator.

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
5 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 49

Re: Video Transfer Query

The 4Gb is a limitation of the FAT32 file system , not the HDR. You should be able to copy any file if you have an external drive formatted as EXT3. Simple if you've got a Linux System but not quite so easy with a Windows one. This may help http://www.astra2.org/transfer.html

Thanks MisterW, I'll have a look at that Smiley

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Community Veteran

Just out of interest what is the purpose?
HD programs are encryption-protected and there's not a lot you can do with them if copied off the original system.

Archiving basically as I need the source drive space.
The files are currently transferring so I will see.

VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 10

Quote from: HPsauce
HD programs are encryption-protected and there's not a lot you can do with them if copied off the original system.

The output HDMI content is encrypted - but that doesn't mean the HD recording is.