Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Transfer Query

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Video Transfer Query

I have a Humax Foxsat HDR on which I have recorded a couple of programs in HD.
I need to transfer the recordings to an external hard-drive. The problem is the transfer utility on the HDR has a size limit of 4GB and the files apparently exceed this limit.
The video can be output on HDMI but what I need is hardware installed on my PC to accept the stream.....or any other ideas.
Any help most appreciated.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Video Transfer Query

The 4Gb is a limitation of the FAT32 file system , not the HDR. You should be able to copy any file if you have an external drive formatted as EXT3. Simple if you've got a Linux System but not quite so easy with a Windows one. This may help http://www.astra2.org/transfer.html

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Strat
Community Veteran

Thanks MisterW, I'll have a look at that Smiley
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Just out of interest what is the purpose?
HD programs are encryption-protected and there's not a lot you can do with them if copied off the original system.
Strat
Community Veteran

Archiving basically as I need the source drive space.
The files are currently transferring so I will see.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: HPsauce
HD programs are encryption-protected and there's not a lot you can do with them if copied off the original system.

The output HDMI content is encrypted - but that doesn't mean the HD recording is.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."