cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Capture Devices for Macs

Colin
Grafter

Video Capture Devices for Macs

Anyone know of any? Preferably that'll take an SVideo feed or a Video / Audio / Audio (yellow, white, red connectors - as I can't think of the name just now!) for a Mac? Ideally, it'll work in Windows too....
I've been looking at http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/uk/Products/Consumer+Products/Home+Video/Studio+Family/Pinnacl... but I can only find the company or Amazon to buy it from and Amazon are sold out and the Company will take too long to ship it from what I can tell... ideally need it by the middle of next week.
Any ideas and help gratefully appreciated!
Colin
6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Video Capture Devices for Macs

You could take a look at http://www.elgato.com/elgato/int/mainmenu/products/Accessories/Video-Capture/product1.en.html
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Colin
Grafter

Hmm., a bit more expensive than I'd have wanted... but might be the only thing I can get.
Be3G
Grafter

That's the one I recommended (on Twitter) too. Elgato products have quite a good reputation so it should be worth the money. Having said that, I don't know where you were looking on Amazon Colin but they have got one of the Pinnacles in stock - see. (Here's hoping it doesn't disappear before you get to see this post...)
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

It was out of stock on Amazon this morning as I checked too, maybe they had a delivery - showing only 1 left as of now!
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Colin
Grafter

That'll be because they've shipped me one  Grin It was out of stock last night when I was looking though, but isn't now.
Didn't remember to come and update this thread... so hopefully by this time tomorrow I'll have one Cheesy
Colin
Grafter

Thought I'd update this thread to say it arrived, and appears to do exactly what I wanted... even if we didn't use it in the end for what it was planned for!