cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN

nickT3000

VPN

Hi
I am trying to use a cisco anyConnect to connect to a work network and it ain't working.
Work laptop windows XP is fairy bolted down to not allow too many changes so can't even browse the net as its set for proxy server...
Have hardwired the laptop to the router to prove its connected but after putting in the username / pass code it just drops straight back to the login screens for the details to be filled in again..... no error message or anything helpful  Angry
the broadband firewall is switched off
I have now tinkered with the router setting to switch the firewall off (for testing only of course....!) and rebooted router but still no joy.
the router is the plusnet Technicolor tg582n and can't find anything else buried in there to help
any ideas how to test out why the VPN is failing
(where in windows XP) might it log reason for the VPN failure?
or are there other settings on the router to change (to test)
thanks for ideas
NT
1 REPLY 1
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

Re: VPN

Some versions of the TG582 firmware had problems with IPSec VPN's. You need to Telnet to the router and unbind some faulty application helpers , see here http://npr.me.uk/vpnissue.html

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.