cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP(X-LITE) & VISTA

nickthesurfer
Grafter

VOIP(X-LITE) & VISTA

Does the X-LITE software work with VISTA?
5 REPLIES 5
chillypenguin
Grafter

Re: VOIP(X-LITE) & VISTA

The answer be here.
Chilly
nickthesurfer
Grafter

It gave me some info .......a few blogs/sites said they use it happily and others say it doesn't work Huh
The X-LITE site says XP & 2000 but no mention of VISTA. I guess if I want to use it, I'll just install the damn thing and try it out.
amcclean
Rising Star

I installed it last week and it works fine.
A
Simon_M
Grafter

Looking at the Counterpoint web site, which as you say, doesn't mention Vista & then reading the support forum, my impression is that X-lite generally does work under Vista most of the time, but Counterpoint are not going to stick their necks out & make promises.
Only the most recent versions will work, but even then you should bear in mind that lots of sound cards also need to have the very latest drivers to work with Vista, so a lot of the apparent phone problems are not down to Counterpath at all, but are related to sound cards not working.
Given that X-Lite is a free product, you can see why Counterpath don't want to get landed with a lot of problems that are nothing to do with them.
I have two colleagues running under Vista, one with eyeBeam & the other with X-Lite. They had problems early on (mostly sound card driver related) & I wouldn't say they were perfect now, but they do work.
Update your sound card drivers, then go here for the latest X-Lite version.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

X-Lite was one of the things I tested when Vista came out earlier in the year, for me it worked fine but as Simon says make sure you have the latest Vista soundcard drivers.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology