Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP Qs

gavster
Dabbler

VOIP Qs

A few questions.
I have the Broadband Phone 240, does this mean i get 240 free calls to any phone every month?
I dont want the phone to be plugged into the laptop, can i plug a phone straight into my router, it has not got a VOIP port, can i get a converter?
How do i find out what my number is so i can give to friends and family, i keep the bt phone out the socket at present as it kicks the net off.
Help appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: VOIP Qs

1) Thats 240 free minutes per month.

To geographical 01/02/03 numbers. SIP calls between Broadband Phone accounts and other peered providers are free. Anything else is charged for using pre-paid credit.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

puddy
Grafter

Quote from: gavster
A few questions.
I have the Broadband Phone 240, does this mean i get 240 free calls to any phone every month?

yes 240voip minutes every month
I dont want the phone to be plugged into the laptop, can i plug a phone straight into my router, it has not got a VOIP port, can i get a converter?

You have a great choice start with a phone adapter £20 for a linksys pap2  this plugs in to your router (cable should come with it) 
Speedtouch sell routers with voip port with an adapter so you can plug a normal phone in.  Plusnet sell them
How do i find out what my number is so i can give to friends and family, i keep the bt phone out the socket at present as it kicks the net off.

Dont give your friends the number yet its an 08 number cost 3p per minute and wont come out of a free minutes
Help appreciated.

Puddy
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: puddy
Dont give your friends the number yet its an 08 number cost 3p per minute and wont come out of a free minutes

Although if you sign-up for the VoIP Beta Trial you can choose a geographical number with a normal area code (01/02 number).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

puddy
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
Quote from: puddy

Although if you sign-up for the VoIP Beta Trial you can choose a geographical number with a normal area code (01/02 number).

I have signed up but hava recived no further info
Puddy
gavster
Dabbler

Cheers for the help, all sorted and understood.
Another question, i am now on the VOIP beta trail, using the xlite software, how do i use the Call divert feature, so calls to my new 01 number get diverted to my mobile?
Thanks
Ianwild
Grafter

Log in to the control panel with your email address and voip control panel password, click Account Overview, select your extension and at the bottom you will find the settings to forward calls to another number.
Ian
gavster
Dabbler

I have put my mobile number in, checked the box, but it still will not divert the call to my mobile. I also set divert time to 1.
Any ideas?
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Have you got enough credit for paid calls because you have to pay for the diverted part of the call as far as I can see?