Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMWare - Windows 8?

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

VMWare - Windows 8?

I've just been trying to install W8 into VMWare as a virtual machine. It doesn't even start and just reboots continually.
Any ideas anyone?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
4 REPLIES 4
mossgrove
Grafter

Re: VMWare - Windows 8?

Tried to install it in VMWare without sucess - then found somewhere a brief note on the VMWare site saying "not supported".  It does load in Virtual Box - runs like a dog on my system (3GHz Pentium D 4GB memory Win 7 64 bit) though.  I am not impressed with it.  Particularly annoyed at one Microsoft comment last month saying  "the only people who won't like it are those who work in offices" - that would be about 70% of their current user base then.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Here's a video that might help http://blogs.vmware.com/workstation/2012/03/windows-8-consumer-preview-running-in-workstation-8.html
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: mossgrove
runs like a dog on my system (3GHz Pentium D 4GB memory Win 7 64 bit) though.  I am not impressed with it.  Particularly annoyed at one Microsoft comment last month saying  "the only people who won't like it are those who work in offices" - that would be about 70% of their current user base then.

My test system is a 3GHz Pentium D and it's very fast on that in "native" 64-bit mode.
Offices will (as I think I've said in another thread) stick to W7 for at least 10 years - once they've moved off XP.  Grin They'll ignore this.  Cool
Merlin
Grafter

I have it running fine on virtual box which runs on my core i5/16GB machine.  The metro GUI is dreadful though, I really don't want to go through this sort of forced re-education.  I know you can switch to a sort of W7 desktop but why oh why?