cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VLC Player update

Mav
Fixes: 515

VLC Player update

I've notice, yet again, when updating VLC player to the latest version that it offers the option to retain user preferences before uninstalling the current version yet when installing the new version it always has both the Audio and Video associations ticked even though I only ever have had the video files associated with it.
Occasionally I have missed that option and have to reset them again after. Not a major issue but I get a little miffed nevertheless.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

3 REPLIES 3
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: VLC Player update

Yeah, know what you mean.....
Have you tried GOM player? much nicer to use... and has a nice graphic equalizer too.... Just click on "preferences" under the main screen for the menus.... you can also do screen grabs of your favourite artist, to have as your desktop pic ( or screen savers)... You can even change the brightness /darkness contrast or saturation of the video on screen, just the same as you can do with most image editing software...
EDIT EDIT EDIT
Its FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  ! ! !
Mav
Fixes: 515

Never tried GOM but am downloading as I type this reply.
VLCPlayer used to be excellent but I've noticed lately that there are times when it struggles to play HD content smoothly. Same file will play fine with Splash. I don't use Window's Media Player except for Audio.
I also have DivX Player but can't remember the last time I used that.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Have to admit I've stopped using VLC and moved to MPC-HC (basically classic media player with extra codecs). Only issue with that is it doesn't natively play DVD image files. so they need mounting in some kind of virtual drive software.