cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SuperNZB to download files via Plus Net Newsgroup

Pancho
Grafter

Using SuperNZB to download files via Plus Net Newsgroup

I came across a program called SuperNZB and a website - http://www.meganzb.com. With the program I can talk to the Plus Newserver - news.plus.net - and get a response. Sending the word 'Help' gets an answer, so that seems to be working. Using the web site I have downloaded from various newsgroups quite a few, small, recent NZB files to try out but, so far, I have not found one that works. Each one, when using the program to check the file, says that there are no files on the server to download. Could anybody with previous experience, who knows what the problem / solution may be, advise please? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Using SuperNZB to download files via Plus Net Newsgroup

You're having problems I suspect because there are actually no files on the server.
.nzb files are normally associated with binary Usenet groups which our servers don't support (they are text-based only). If you're wanting to download binary news traffic then you're probably going to need to subscribe to a 3rd party news service. I personally use Astraweb, although there are plenty others to choose from.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Pancho
Grafter

Thank you for that. Seems you have to pay for it. Don't think I will be doing that.
Pancho
Grafter

OK. If I subscribe to a NewsGroup, such as Astraweb, and I download something who knows what I am downloading apart from me?