Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usertools Discussion, Split from: old pc rebuild

petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

Hi Peter, I realise this is somewhat off topic, but, following the link  on your post to the "usersite" there is a link for BT ADSL outage reports. How do I establish which area I come under? I notice some reports cover a quite wide area, while others are "comparatively" tight. If you don't know which area you're in the list seems somewhat superfluous. Or perhaps this listing is purely for BT technicians and engineers.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
3 REPLIES 3
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Its more a guide to possible problems you may experience, it can never be accurate enough to state what exchanges / lines will be affected. Its info supplied to ISPs so they are aware of any major service outages on the BT network and thus could explain why they are getting a lot of calls!
BT outages could occur at a main node (that exchanges connect to) meaning many areas of the country are affected (i.e. many exchanges), or just in one exchange, in which case only those connected to the exchange are affected.
PS it's not good form to highjack a thread with another question unrelated to the thread - better to start a new one Wink
nevglufc
Dabbler

All done, thanks for all the help
petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Usertools Discussion, Split from: old pc rebuild

Point taken gents, I'll try not to do it again  Embarrassed
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.